President of Ford & Company, Marketing Strategy / Media Relations
Debra Ford is an award-winning marketing and public relations professional with a 20-year proven track record. Ford has developed corporate communications and marketing strategies for a wide range of businesses including tourism attractions, real estate ventures, medical, museums, technology start-ups, wine event marketing, and government entities.
Debra spear-headed marketing for the Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau, Six Flags, Houston International Festival, Houston Museum of Natural Science, The Houston Zoo – creating signature events for each organization.
Ford has created and successfully directed a broad range of marketing campaigns, developing strategic direction and executing results-driven programs for both consumer and B2B companies.
Her diverse range of skill sets include: local, regional and national media relations; promotions; special events; media planning and negotiation; broadcast and print production; website development and strategic marketing planning. Brand planning and creative services are her passion.
Debra is creative, innovative, and an excellent communicator who is results and goal-oriented.
Awards and Accolades:
- 2007 Marketer of the Year for the Houston Zoo by American Marketing Association
- 2007 Crystal Award for best non-profit website
- Judge’s Award for website marketing and design among many others
- Best in Category winner AMA Marketer of the Year
- Best Ongoing marketing efforts for Miller Outdoor Theatre, A City of Houston Feature Attraction
- Co-Founder Haute Wheels Houston Food Truck Festival
- Garners $500k earned media coverage annually for Wine & Food Week